
I can't believe that Christmas is only 2.5 weeks away, which means that the next few weeks of this pregnancy are probably going to fly by.
As you can see from this picture, I had to retire the old non-maternity tank top. It was pulling at the seams the last few times I put it on, so I switched on over to a maternity one.
The room is coming along - the trim work and window seat are all done, along with the painting. After going through all of those paint samples, I finally just decided on one of the original ones that I had gotten. Still not sure that I completely love it, but it will be just fine. The painter has to come back to do some touch-ups tomorrow and then hopefully we'll be able to get the furniture in this weekend and start getting everything put together. I posted a few photos of the room at the bottom - one of the window seat and one of a corner, just to show the paneling molding.
We had our 3rd childbirth class last night. At least this one talked about pain options during labor - yay! We also did a ton of breathing exercises which were pretty boring and then the instructor wanted us to "try" different birthing positions. Ha! You should have seen the look on Randy's face when she told us to do that.
How I'm feeling:
Definitely starting to feel some aches and pains now. I went Christmas shopping yesterday for about 5 hours and paid for it dearly for the rest of the day/night. My legs just can't handle the added pressure very well anymore. My veins are starting to get worse and they're itchy, which is annoying.
I'm feeling the baby press up against my stomach just a few inches above my belly button a lot more now. I can feel harder parts of the baby every so often and it makes me wonder which part it is! As I type this, I'm feeling hiccups (I think) towards the top right of my belly and something squirming towards the bottom left. I wish I had a way of looking in and seeing where he or she is at any given moment.
Here is the description for Week 32. And just for fun, I also posted a picture that shows what the baby looks like in there. Pretty cool to see.
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.


1 comment:
Hey Alison! The room looks great so far. I really love the window seat and the color. Can't wait to see the finished room!
Post a Comment