
Another week gone by...
Things around here are busy but good. I've finished my Christmas shopping and am looking forward to taking a few days next week to relax a bit before the holidays. My goal is to get everything else that needs to be done by Friday, so that I won't need to be running out next week. I am so used to being able to run as many errands as I want to and getting as much done as I can and now, my body is just not allowing it anymore. I am getting so tired so quickly and my legs just won't hold up.
We had our 32 week appointment on Monday with Dr. Goymerac. She's another doctor that I really liked - she was really nice and answered all of my (many) questions kindly. The baby's heartbeat was 130 and she said that I was measuring fine. We talked a bit about their procedure for when I do go into labor and what to expect.
Unfortunately, last week I managed to develop a rash on my legs. Dr. Goymerac told me it was nothing to worry about - she said that sometimes it happens to some women during their pregnancy for no reason. It hasn't gone away but it does seem to be getting less itchy. I have been using Calamine lotion and hydro-cortisone cream like crazy.
We had our last birthing class yesterday. I was actually wanting to go to this one because it was supposed to be more about things to expect when the baby arrived. It really just kind of glossed over everything and I wish they would have talked more about the first few weeks. We did get a visit from an anesthesiologist at the hospital who talked over our pain medication options with us, so that was nice.
How I'm feeling:
Aside from itchy? I have heartburn like mad. It comes and goes and is so intense that I can't believe it. I literally feel like my esophagus is on fire. But thankfully, it's only happening sporadically throughout the day and it's not all of the time. I'm noticing that sciatic pain in my right leg is happening more frequently, but I guess that's just a sign that I need to sit down more. Maybe I should take the hint. :)
Here is this week's description and photos. I happen to have a whole pineapple sitting on my counter right now - it's hard to believe that that's what I am carrying around!
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.


1 comment:
Sound like a boy to me. I had a terrible itch the week-end that I had Greg. The Dr. said he was sitting on my liver. That was lots of fun. In fact your Dad and Uncle Dave went golfing on Feb. 29, 1976 and Grandma Skip Gave them both HELL!!! It was great. Can't wait to see this baby and what a wonderful Mommy and Daddy you two will make. Love Aunt Deb
Post a Comment