
Well, it's nearly Week 31 and I am feeling H-U-G-E! Can't believe another week went by so quickly.
The baby's room got started last weekend. We're having white beadboard and molding put up and having a window seat built under the bay window. The nice thing about the window seat is that the bottom will be open so that I have some storage. Because of the large window and where the closet is, that room doesn't have tons of space for furniture to be put up against the walls, so the storage benches should help. The wall color will be green, but I am having a really hard time finding one that I like. I think I've bought 7 different samples and don't really like any of them. Still working on it, but I think we only have until Monday before the paint gets started, so we need to make a decision soon. Or I should make a decision - I think Randy was ready several samples ago. ;)
We also went and picked up our glider and ottoman. It's chocolate brown and really comfortable. Since the baby room is getting worked on, it's currently sitting in our room and it matches pretty well. I am actually thinking of keeping it in there for a while since the baby will most likely be in our room for the first few weeks anyways.
On Monday night, we went to the baptism class at our church, St. John Vianney. They don't offer a class in December so it was either go this week or wait until mid-January, which we really didn't want to do. You can't schedule your baptism date until you take the class and we wanted to give Brian enough time to book his flight when he finds a good deal (he's the godfather), so this week it was.
Then last night, we had Week #2 of our childbirth class. It was better this week because our friends Ethan and Mary were there (they are due 6 days after us), so it made it more fun. Plus, there wasn't as much of the new age-y stuff - it was more relevant information about the stages of labor. Except....
We had to watch "The Video". You know the one - the video that makes you want to run screaming out of the room and makes you decide that you will not ever be having this baby. I am now officially traumatized. Ugh. I could have done without seeing that. Totally not necessary. Things like that don't help with my anxiety.
How I'm feeling:
I've developed a numb spot on the upper right side of my stomach. It started itching on Thanksgiving night and I noticed it was a little numb then but didn't think much of it. By Monday morning, it was burning and hurting a little bit and now it's just numb all of the time. It is definitely annoying and seems to bother me most at night when I lay on one side too long or when I am sitting on the couch in one position too long.
I am feeling more and more uncomfortable. I can no longer bend over to tie my shoes and if I'm sitting on the floor, I need Randy to help me up. For the most part, I am still sleeping pretty well, it's just difficult to find a comfortable position. I am also really, really hungry. I'm trying to just stretch my meals out throughout the day so that I am constantly eating, but not constantly eating more. But I am thinking that this baby is doing some serious growing.
The cool part about being this far along in the pregnancy is that I am really feeling this baby move. Before, I wouldn't feel very much during the day when I was moving around. Instead, I would mostly feel movement at night. Now I really feel movement all day long and I am starting to be able to feel from the outside when a bigger part of the baby is pressed up against my stomach. And I've been feeling lots of hiccups. This baby definitely seemed to enjoy Thanksgiving!
Here is week 31's description and photo:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

No comments:
Post a Comment