Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The only thing better than one baby is 2...

They're here!

Owen Shea and Evan Joseph Wehri were born on Friday, November 20th. Owen is older and weighed a little over 8 pounds and Evan weighed a little over 7 pounds.

I'm holding Evan and Mom is holding Owen.

Evan - he has darker hair and coloring and is so tiny. His little legs are so long and skinny.

Evan

Owen. He has lighter hair and coloring and we think he looks like my cousin Chuck. He has super long fingers and really long nails that he won't let his mother cut.

Owen

Owen towards the top and Evan towards the bottom. Even though they are big for twins and "normal" sized newborns - they are swimming in newborn clothing. They are just so little, especially compared to Aidan who was 10 pounds when he was born.

Great-Grandma with Evan. In the last 6 weeks, she's gained 3 new great-grandsons. :)

She and I went out to Kathy's today (Wednesday) and spent the day with her, Joe, Aunt Mary, Alex, Aidan and the babies. I took tons of pictures and the large majority of them really didn't turn out. I was having problems finding the right setting for my camera and I was fooling around with Joe's external flash and unfortunately, most of my pictures just stunk. But it was fun to play "pass the baby" all day long.

Holding those babies made me so excited for our baby to arrive. It's not that I haven't been excited - it's just that seeing those new babies made me realize that we're next and that he or she is coming very soon.

One of Aidan with his new slippers from Great-Grandma

***********************************************************

I also wanted to share the gift I made for the babies. They are fabric covered burp cloths. I think they turned out really cute and once I got the hang of it, they were really easy to make. Mom helped me with the first one and cut the fabric for me since that's what I was struggling with the most (I can't draw a straight line with a ruler).

Directions for them can be found here. I've decided that I'm going to make some for our baby, so I bought both pink and blue fabric to use. Whichever one we don't need will get gifted to someone or put away for later. I've also decided to make a quilt for the baby, so that should be quite interesting, especially since I am planning on making a pink one and a blue one. They'll be small rag quilts so I am hoping that it won't be too hard for me.




No comments: