
It's week 30! Only 10 weeks to go - wow!
This past week has been busy, busy, busy. I feel like I've barely had time to breathe. Last Thursday night was the shower, which was wonderful. I put a bunch of pictures from the shower below. We are so very overwhelmed with how generous everyone was and couldn't be more appreciative of our moms for throwing it for us.
On Friday, Mom and I spent some time going through all of the gifts - sorting everything and checking it all out again. We had so much fun looking at it all. For now, everything is in our spare bedroom - we're getting started on the baby's room on Friday, so hopefully by the end of next week, I'll have everything put together (except the bedding and decor). Our chair is in, so we have to go and pick that up this weekend too!
We started our Childbirth Education class last night. It was pretty funny. There was some helpful information hidden in between all of the rest of the junk, but some of it was just over the top. She lost me when we did a relaxation technique where we were supposed to imagine ourselves meeting our baby....in our womb. Yeah. Ok. It took all of my self control to keep myself from bursting out laughing. Literally, it was 3.5 minutes of listening to some soothing voice talk to our baby as if they were face to face. Umm, someone please remind me how exactly that is supposed to help me through a contraction? Can't wait to see what the next 3 weeks of class bring.
How I'm feeling:
Still feeling pretty well. I have noticed that I am starting to waddle a little bit when I walk. Not sure why - if it's to take a little pressure off my back or if I just kind of got in the habit of doing it now. Definitely still having a difficult time breathing - I feel like someone or something is just sitting on top of my lungs. I'm noticing that I am getting tired much more easily and going to bed earlier and earlier. The good news is that I am sleeping like a rock for anywhere between 8-10 hours most nights. I am trying to soak all of that in while I still can. ;)
Here is next week's description (week 30):
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

No comments:
Post a Comment