Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Week 28 recap...

Another week gone by so quickly!

We had our doctor appointment last Friday. Unfortunately, we were one of the last appointments of the day and you could tell that everyone was ready to go home. We met another doctor and this one was not my favorite. He certainly wasn't rude or anything, but he just didn't go out of his way to answer my questions. I felt like I was dragging the information out of him.

I measured at 29 inches and the heartbeat was in the low 130's. It's a big difference from the last appointment which was 145. I don't know if it's because it was the first appointment we've had later in the day or if the heartbeat really starts slowing towards the last trimester. Either way, he said everything sounded and looked good. I did have to get my rhogam shot, which really hurt. I'm pretty sure I might have said a few words my mother wouldn't approve of as the nurse was giving it to me!

Tomorrow is the shower and we are very excited! It will be fun to have all of the baby things in the house - I think it will make it seem so much more real to us.

How I'm feeling:
I'm definitely starting to get really tired very easily. My legs and feet are hurting a lot and I'm just kind of hurting all over by the end of the day. I spoke with the doctor last week about a pain that I have been having in my backside and the back of my upper right leg. It really only bothers me if I've been on my feet for a while. He told me it's my sciatic nerve, but it doesn't sound like it's turned into actual sciatica yet. I'm also noticing that I have been having a more difficult time catching my breath.

But overall, I really do feel pretty good. What I wrote above makes it sound like I'm miserable, but truly, I'm not at all. It's just that this is the only place where I am keeping a record of this pregnancy and I want to be honest and remember as much as I can, both good and bad.

I think I've started feeling some hiccups - so cool. I truly love feeling this baby wiggle around and kick me. It's such a cool thing to experience and makes me so happy to be pregnant.

Here is my picture and description for week 29:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.


No comments: