Thursday, August 6, 2009

Week 13 recap



I can't believe I'm already 14 weeks. Nothing terribly new to report as far as baby stuff goes! I did schedule my big ultrasound for September 8th and found out that we can bring our moms, so that was some good news. I think they are both excited!

How I'm feeling:

At the moment, I feel completely overstuffed, even though I ate dinner almost 3 hours ago. Every night after dinner, I feel like this. Just overly full and completely uncomfortable for a while after eating. But overall, I've been feeling pretty good. 

Cravings/Aversions, etc.

I still seem to have a gagging problem. Tonight I ate an entire piece of lasagna and then gagged at the very last bite. I don't get it! So weird. There's no food that I can't eat though. 

The other night I wanted a snack and decided that I couldn't live without eating an orange, so Randy peeled one for me. And then I asked for both dill pickle chips and a large garlic pickle on the side. Weird, right? But I couldn't just have the orange. The pickles had to go with it. I've clearly gone off the deep end. ;)

Here is this week's (Week 14) picture. And here is what pregnancy.com has to say about what's happening this week:

In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches — about the size of a lemon — and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces. His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.) He's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over his body. Your baby's liver starts making bile this week — a sign that it's doing its job right — and his spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells. Though you can't feel his tiny punches and kicks yet, your little pugilist's hands and feet (which now measure about 1/2 inch long) are more flexible and active.


No comments: