Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Week 12 recap


We're finally at week 13! I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat - it was 155, which the doctor said was good. We also got to hear the baby moving around a little, which was just crazy. I found out that I'm rh-negative, which just means that I have to get 2 shots (one at week 28 and one after delivery). Dr. Love didn't seem overly concerned - he said that 20% of the population is rh-negative and not to worry. Other than that, no real news. He was happy with my weight gain and said everything looked good!

How I'm feeling:
Woo hoo! Finally feeling good - no real nausea to speak of. And I am getting so much more done every day because my energy is finally back. Brushing my teeth still seems to make me gag every time and the nurse at my office told me that it probably won't go away. Still have some heartburn and indigestion, but nothing that a few Tums don't take care of. But other than that, I feel really good!

Cravings/Aversions, etc:
Both of these seem to be less strong all of a sudden. Certain things still sound good, but I'm finding that I'm not craving as much. And certain foods aren't making me feel sick to my stomach either. Maybe this is the end of those?

Here is my week 13 comparison - the baby is about the size of a medium shrimp and about the length as well. I read today that the baby has fingerprints already, which is unbelievable!


No comments: