Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Week 11 recap...


Here we are - will be 12 weeks tomorrow! I can't believe we are almost done with the first trimester! 

How I'm feeling:
Finally, I am starting to feel good again. About the end of last week, I realized that I hadn't felt nauseous in the morning for a few days in a row and now I can really feel my energy coming back.  I feel like a different person! I'm still hungry all of the time, but I've been making a big effort to make sure that I eat something every 2 hours, even if it's just some cheese and crackers or a piece of fruit. It really seems to help me not feel like I am so hungry I'm going to be sick. 

I really can't tell you how good it feels to have some energy and motivation back. Even simple things like doing the dishes or laundry feel easier and not like they take every ounce of my energy. 

I decided to wear my normal pants again this week because I was tired of constantly hiking up the maternity jeans. They feel a little snug and definitely need to be adjusted (read: unbuttoned) when I sit down. I'm also having a hard time sleeping this week. It might be because I am fighting a bit of a cough or chest cold or it could just be a little bit of insomnia (which I had for a few days about 4 or 5 weeks ago). Hopefully it will pass soon. 

Cravings/Aversions, etc.:
This is still making me laugh. It's surprising how strong some of them are sometimes. Or maybe I just have no willpower since I spent the 10 months before getting pregnant being on a strict Weight Watchers diet. I'm trying very hard not to give in to most of them, but sometimes you just can't help it. For example, I will be getting a chocolate peanut butter ice cream cone sometime in the near future. ;)

Last night for dinner, I made meatballs, threw them on some sub buns and toasted them with some cheese. They were really good and we were just having the same thing for dinner tonight. I got everything ready and put mine on my plate, sat down, took one bite, looked at Randy and said "I can't eat this". No idea why - but it did not sound or taste very appealing at all, even though it was good yesterday.

Here is the week 12 comparison picture. Wow! We have our 12 month appointment on Tuesday morning and they should hopefully be able to hear the heartbeat with the doppler again. 

No comments: