Today would have been my Dad's 57th birthday.

Today I will go to the cemetery and bring flowers and sit and think and be quiet for a while.
Today I will probably play the "if only" game. I try not to think about 'what-if's' too often because they will eat you alive if you allow them to. But on days like today they can't help but creep into my mind.
Today I will watch the only video I have of him over and over again just to hear his laugh.
Today I will look at my photos and scrapbooks and cry and laugh and smile and remember.
Today I will look at spring blooming all around me from the dead of winter and be reminded that just because you can't see something doesn't mean it isn't there.
Today I will honor my dad's memory by doing something nice for a total stranger.
Today I will remember him. He was my dad and he had his faults (as we all do), but he loved me and I loved him and that was all that mattered.
No comments:
Post a Comment