
I have to say that 5 weeks left sounds a lot scarier than 6 weeks. Not sure why, but it just does to me.
Things around here are fine. I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday afternoon with Dr. Wallace, who I really like. Everything looked good. I measured 34 cm and the baby's heartbeat was 135. Not much else to report, expect they had to take my blood pressure twice because at the beginning of my appointment it was pretty high. But at the end of the appointment it had dropped to a normal level. I try to tell them every time that that's what they should do anyways - I'm always nervous when I get in there.
We're still working on the baby's room. We have some work to do on the closet and I need to get a pad made for the window seat, but we've mostly got everything else done.
We went shopping today for everything we need for some massive amounts of cooking. We're planning on freezing a ton of food and now we can get started.
On Sunday, we put together the swing, bouncy seat and pack and play. We were bracing ourselves for it to be really annoying and give us problems and instead, we had it all put together in under an hour. It was so easy and everything is really, really cute!
How I'm feeling:
Unfortunately, I managed to aggravate the blood clot that's in my bad vein. I rolled over in bed and must have used my leg to push off of and I could tell immediately that I had hurt it. Ever since then, it's really been bothering me. Not much I can do about it, except keep heat on it. I'm also starting to feel like I am coming down with something. I have a scratchy throat and icky taste in my mouth and I'm sneezing a ton, but I am hoping that just staying in and relaxing for the next couple of days (+ drinking massive quantities of grapefruit juice) will be enough to keep it away.
Here is the description and photos for week 35:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.


No comments:
Post a Comment