Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Week 17 recap...

I had another doctor appointment last Thursday and everything seems to be going well. Randy had a meeting at work that he couldn't get out of, so my mom went with me. We got to hear the heartbeat again and it was 144. 

This time, I met with Dr. Stark (the practice has 7 doctors and they will try to make sure I meet them all at least once) and she answered some of my questions that I had. All of the stuff on the news about the swine flu has been scaring me a little and I wanted to know what their position was on it. She told me that yes, I should be getting both the regular flu shot and the swine flu shot this year, plus a booster for the swine flu shot. It makes me nervous to take something that is new and kind of untested, but I guess in the end I have to trust what they are telling me.

Lots of planning going on for my shower and I am starting to try to get ready to register. Still need to pick up a copy of Consumer Reports for baby stuff, so I can look into strollers and car seats and fun stuff like that. 

The big ultrasound is on Tuesday and I'm really excited. A little nervous too, but mostly just excited to check out this baby!  

(P.S. - I think it might be time for me to upgrade to a maternity tank top, no? This one seems to be stretched to it's limits, lol.)

How I'm feeling:

Still feeling pretty good, aside from my normal allergies that I have every fall and an occasional headache. I got myself back on the elliptical machine for a few days this week (though I went very, very slooooow) and I can already feel an immediate improvement in my anxiety. Since the weather was nice again the last few days, I've been walking, but I will get back on the machine to make sure it stays under control.  

In other good news - the gagging seems to have let up a little bit!!! Yay!

Here is the description for the upcoming week (week 18):

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ally,

U look so beautiful. I want to feel that baby move. I can't wait.

Love Ya,
Elaine