
I had my big ultrasound yesterday! Everything went well - all of the measurements were right where they should be. The heartbeat was 144 again and the baby weighs about 9 ounces right now. We got to see the chambers of the heart, the lobes of the brain, the kidneys, stomach, etc.
It was really cool to see on screen - little hands and fingers moving, little legs kicking. For much of the ultrasound the baby was laying head down, face down so we weren't really able to get a full profile picture of the face. About the best they could do was get one of the baby laying on his or her side with it's arms raised. Our moms were there with us and I was really glad that they were able to come!
This is a picture of the baby laying face down:
How I'm feeling:
I'm still feeling pretty well. The sinus headaches that are coming with this weather are not my favorite, but they haven't been bad enough to keep me in bed. Lots going on: we're moving on Saturday, we have the golf outing next week, family is coming in from Florida. I think I've felt the baby move a bit more, but I guess it's hard to know for sure until they get a little stronger.
I went with my friend Emily to Buy Buy Baby today. She took me all around the store and showed me everything that we'll need to register for and gave me some great ideas for things to think about. It was so very helpful and made me feel so much less overwhelmed by everything in there. Thanks Em! :)
Hard to believe we are already at week 19! Here is pregnancy.com's description:
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.


1 comment:
Thanks Alison and Randy for sharing this wonderful moment. Love you both!!!
Post a Comment