Thursday, August 27, 2009

Week 16 recap...


How I'm feeling:

I'm feeling pretty good overall. I am struggling a big with my anxiety. I've been off my meds for over a year and the only way that I've really kept it at bay was through exercise. Because I'm not supposed to get my heart rate over 140, it's difficult for me to work out (doing cardio) as hard as I need to to help with the anxiety. Unfortunately, walking is just not cutting it. Before I was pregnant, I was doing the elliptical machine at level 10 for about 30-45 minutes, 6-7 days a week. I can't go above level 1 now without my heart rate going too far up and it's just not the same kind of workout. I am hoping that after we move and get settled, I might be able to find a place to swim or do water aerobics. 

On a positive note, I think I felt the baby move last Saturday night! I was laying on the bed, watching tv and for about a second, I felt like something was blowing bubbles in my lower stomach. It hasn't happened again but I was really excited! 

Mom and I went shopping last week/weekend and I bought some maternity shirts. They are so comfortable and feel so much better than my regular clothes. The best part is that we found a bunch of stuff on sale and discovered that Macy's has a great maternity department. I'll definitely be going back there when its time for a few new things. :)

Here is pregnancy.com's description and photo for 17 weeks:

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.


No comments: