Friday, March 6, 2009

Randoms

1.) When I wake up out of my sleep with anxiety/panic attacks, I am not a happy camper. Because then I can't fall back asleep. Didn't fall back asleep until after 5:00am. I went to bed at midnight. Ugh.

2.) I love that my doorwall and windows are open right now. I do not, however, love how dirty my windows and screens are. :)

3.) It's amazing what a little redecorating will do to lift a girl's spirits. I've been rearranging things around the house and I bought a few new things to use too. I was so tired of looking at my walls and I like the new stuff I've done so much more. Plus, it's fun to wander around my house and pull things from other rooms and give them a new home for a while.

4.) I am in major spring cleaning mode. Today Randy is recaulking the bathtub, I'm cleaning the curio cabinet, and we're possibly rearranging some furniture in our spare bedrooms. But I have yet to go through my basement storage room that I've been talking about doing since New Year's. Apparently, I have selective spring cleaning fever.

5.) Almost all of my cousins are on facebook (ahem, Meaghan - don't you think it's time to join?). I love being able to catch up with them anytime.

6.) I'm grateful to have reconnected with an old friend from high school last week. It was so fun seeing her again!

7.) I miss my dad. Every.single.day.

8.) I really like some of the people on American Idol this year and I'm glad they sent Anoop through. And I'm really glad Tatiana didn't make it.

9.) We got a panini machine for Christmas from my mom and we're unsure how we ever lived without it. It makes the best grilled garlic bread. And we've been eating a lot of homemade bruschetta. Man, is it good.

10.) Randy kicked my butt at Scrabble last weekend. Overachiever. 

11.) I have a funny little dog. She makes me laugh on a daily basis.

And just to make this post appear less boring than it actually is, here are a few pictures:

Our foyer. Bought a new mirror and some stuff for the top of the table. Please note that polka dot pitcher that was at Target a year ago, but it was like $15 and I wanted it but didn't want to spend the money, but then wished I had after I thought about it and couldn't find it anymore. I got it at Marshall's yesterday for.....$4.99!!! 

Our small bathroom with some new frames that have NYC pictures in them. 

Our new mantle decorations. And dirty windows. Please ignore those. Focus on the mantle. 

My Mia girl.  

Hard fought Scrabble game. Notice some of the big words we use like gas, boy and dud. We play by the anything-goes-as-long-as-it's-not-a-first-name rules. 

Homemade bruschetta with grilled bread. Yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved your redecorating!