Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Stuff...

I spend alot of time on the internet. One of the reasons I love reading other people's blogs is that I've found so many other cool websites, links, scrapbooking ideas and home decor ideas. If it's something that I really love, I save the picture and keep it in a folder on my computer. So, I thought I'd share some of the stuff that I am loving right now. 


Websites:


www.bakerella.blogspot.com - Her desserts are amazing! I cannot imagine what any of those things would look like if I attempted them, lol!


www.polyvore.com - this is a really cool website where you can put togethers outfits, just by dragging and dropping different pieces onto a blank canvas. Kinda neat. 


Random Stuff:


I lifted this picture off bakerella's website. They're jars full of sprinkles and other dessert toppings. How fun would this be if you have kids or grandkids? 




Pretty rubberbands from an etsy shop. I think they're super cute! 


A cool New Year's Eve invite. I'm totally a fan of graphic design (I wish I had majored in that instead of marketing) and different type treatments, so this is cool. 


A quilt made by one of my favorite scrapbookers. I think this is so fun and I wish I was a good enough sewer to do something like this. 



Another awesome idea from bakerella. These are jars of sand from every beach she's ever been to. I've sort of started doing this - I have a couple jars with sand and shells from a few places, but I so wish I had done this instead. 

Here's my list:

Cancun - got it
Aruba - got it
Grand Cayman
Maui
Myrtle Beach
Sombrero Beach, Marathon
Bahia Honda Beach 
Nice, France

So if you're going to any of the places I need (ahem - Aunt Patty!) or you know someone who is that might be willing to scoop up enough sand for to fill a little spice jar, I would so appreciate it if you'd let me know!


Home Decor:

I have definitely been on a kick lately to do some redecorating around here. Nothing big like furniture, just small stuff...pictures, mirrors, pillows, etc. It's all just feeling kind of stale to me, so I've been looking around for ideas. 

This is actually framed scrapbook paper, but I was thinking how cool it would be to do this with fabric....


I love this mirror at Pottery Barn, but with it's current price tag, there's just no way. But hey, I can dream, right?


I'm also a big fan of this organizational system from Pottery Barn. I just wish I had someplace to put it!


Photo Displays:

So if you know me at all, you know that I love photography. I also love photo displays for home decor and I am always on the lookout for cool new ways to display pictures. 

This is an idea from on of Pottery Barn's catalogs that made me gasp when I saw it. I absolutely love, love, love this display. It's got such an 50's-cool feel to it to me. 


If I ever get stairs, I am so doing this one. 


Another PB one that I love:


Another cool staircase display:


These next two are from the blog of a scrapbooker-turned-photographer out in California. I'm a huge fan of her work and she shared this display that she made for her own home. I love it!



These last ones are wrapped canvases - in really huge sizes! I was in awe of these baby ones - how cool is that? I also loved the last one of a whole family shot. 





If you have any fun links or cool things you find on the internet, please share! I'd love to see them. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay, I'll cancel my trip to France and get you Sombrero and Bahia Honda beach sand in May. I'll scoop you some sand from a Key West beach, too. Tony, you're on the hook for Myrtle Beach!

ahiller said...

I'm wondering if Nicky will be going to Grand Cayman anytime soon.......

I know I can get Myrtle Beach from my in-laws friends who own the condo. And I think we have friends who might be going to Hawaii for their honeymoon in the fall