Monday, February 23, 2009

Can we please talk about the Oscars?

Ok, so I completely admit that I love the awards shows. I mostly like watching for the fashion, but I am kind of a movie and tv geek, so I like seeing who wins too. But let's talk about the dresses today, shall we? I'm going to start with the bad first because, well, I'm mean like that...

Ummm, someone should tell Jessica Biel that looking like you just rolled out of bed, wrapped your towel around you, and headed off to the Oscars while doing your hair in the car is not a good look. 


I just don't know what to say about this. She could have picked anything in the whole wide world to wear and this is what she went with. It reminds me of bad drapes. 


And this fun little number gets my worst dressed vote. She looks like a cross between an 80's homecoming queen and a drag queen playing Sophia Loren. I just don't like it. 


Now for the good.....

I will completely admit that I cannot stand Angelina Jolie so it hurts my heart a little to say that I thought this dress (and she) looked completely stunning. 


This was my second favorite dress of the night. I hated her bangs/hair, but I thought the dress was beautiful. I loved that she finally won and when she accepted her award, she asked if anyone had ever fainted on stage before. 


My absolute favorite dress of the night. Taraji Henson (who was nominated for Best Supporting Actress) is so beautiful and I thought she looked absolutely gorgeous in this dress. 


If you're looking for a good recap (and some seriously funny snark), go to www.gofugyourself.com. It's one of my favorite websites! 

I'd love to hear what your favorites (and least faves) were. And to find out if anyone is actually reading this thing, lol! :)

No comments: