Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Week 26 recap...

Another week has gone by so fast! It's hard to believe the shower is only 2 weeks away and then Thanksgiving is the week after that!

I got my h1n1 shot over the weekend at Freedom Hill. It was really nice - when we got there the line was only about 35-40 minutes long so we were in and out of there in no time. It sure beats standing in line for hours like some of the people did earlier that day.

I'm feeling lots of movement - it's funny because I always assumed that pregnant women mostly felt their baby kicking them, but I tend to notice much more squirming and wiggling around then actual kicking. I like to amuse myself by watching my stomach move around when the baby is wiggly.

I forgot to mention on last week's post that the baby's heartburn was 145. I knew that if I didn't write it down, I would forget.

The crib and dresser/changing table are being delivered on Friday! The room isn't even started yet, so we won't be assembling the crib right away. Getting going on the room is our next project to tackle - I'd like to definitely have it done before mid-December and all of the craziness of the holidays start.

How I'm feeling:
Still feeling pretty good, though I've noticed my heartburn making a bit of a return. I'm also noticing that my legs and feet are really starting to ache if I've been on them for too long (which is very long at all now). I guess that should be my first clue that I need to sit down and take breaks more often. I am definitely noticing my that my bad veins are getting worse.

P.S. - I am fully aware that the tank top that I have been wearing in my pictures is about to burst at the seams. It's a regular-size tank top and I wanted to be wearing the same thing in all of my pictures, but I just haven't felt like going and buying a maternity one. I guess it's probably time, huh? ;)

Here is the description for this upcoming week (week 27). A cauliflower seems huge to me!

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

No comments: