Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Week 24 recap...

This week seemed to fly by! With my brother-in-law in town last week and the wedding over the weekend, I'm not sure where the week went. Tomorrow is my next doctor's appointment and I have to do my glucose test and I am nervous about it. I had to do the 5-hour test a few years ago and it didn't end very well. I know this one will be different because I can eat beforehand, but I am so nervous that I won't pass. Keep your fingers crossed!

I have lots of questions for the doctor this week - mostly concerning the h1n1 shot and the rhogam shot that I need because I'm rh-negative. I'm concerned about the mercury in both of them. I know that I should hopefully be able to find a thimerosal (mercury) free shot for the h1n1 vaccine if my doctor's office doesn't have it, but I'm not sure about the mercury-free rhogam shot. From what I understand, it's expensive and isn't regularly given. So, we'll have to have a little chat tomorrow about what my options are for both of those.

We've been talking a little bit about names - truthfully, I don't think we'll settle on anything until the baby gets here. We have a couple of options for each right now, but it's definitely nothing set in stone.

We're going to order the baby furniture this week! I'm excited to be crossing that off our list. Next up: trying to find a pediatrician.

How I'm feeling:
I have had some serious insomnia this past week. I'm not sure if this means it's going to be a permanent thing or if it is something that's just affecting me this week. Hopefully, it will pass. I've also had some crazy mood swings, where I can definitely feel my hormones getting the better of me. That, combined with a lack of sleep, made me a little crazy. But things seem to be getting back to normal.

Here is the description for week 25:
Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

No comments: