Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Week 23 recap...

Things have been going pretty well. I am feeling lots and lots of kicks and movements. My mom could feel them when I was at her house the other day, but Randy hasn't been able to yet. We've been getting a lot done around the house this week since we have some visitors coming this weekend. We have a wedding on Saturday so I had to go and buy a maternity dress!

Sean is here and he did some painting for us in the basement yesterday. We need to get our furniture ordered soon for the baby's room. Hopefully, we can get that done sometime next week!

How I'm feeling:
I am still drinking grapefruit juice like it's going out of style. I think I drank an entire carton in a little over 24 hours. It's not because I am so thirsty, it's because it just tastes soooo good! I also had 2 oranges tonight. Apparently, I can't get enough citrus.

Here is the description for week 24:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

No comments: