I had my appointment with the midwife at my OB's office this past week (on Monday). She was really nice and spent a lot of time with us, explaining things and answering all of our questions. I had to have a lot of blood drawn, got an exam and went over my medical history, etc.
My next appointment is in one month and it sounds like they will check for the heartbeat again at that time. They won't do another ultrasound until sometime during weeks 18-20, but instead they use a transducer (I think that's what it's called?) to hear it. I guess the baby isn't high enough up yet to be able to hear it through the stomach before 12 weeks.
One good piece of news was that she told me I can keep working out with my trainer. The bad news was that she decided that I need to be in compression stockings because of my veins. It's a sight to see, let me tell you. Sometimes I have to use liquid adhesive just to keep them up and in the right place. And then when I take them off, my pants get stuck to my legs. Too much info I'm sure, but hey, I'm just trying to keep it real and keep an accurate record of the good, bad and the ugly. These fall under ugly, by the way. ;)
Thoughts this week:
I am thinking that I look like an idiot in these stockings, that's what I'm thinking.
How I'm feeling:
Ick. Ick. Ick. That's how I feel. So hungry but nothing seems to stick with me. And when I finally do feel full, then I feel sick to my stomach full (even though I only ate a normal amount). Today, I gagged at the sight of a dirty towel. But I haven't been sick yet. Just nauseous. Very, very nauseous. I also seem to be really tired and really unmotivated to do much of anything. Getting dressed seems like a huge amount of work every day. I just feel kind of exhausted.
Cravings/Aversions, etc.:
I am in love with blueberry and strawberry fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt this week. I am still loving those big garlic pickles too. And I am eating at least one or two nectarines a day. There's nothing specific that is making me sick - just that certain foods sound terrible on certain days. It's funny how one day a particular food is fine and the next day it's awful. And Tums are my new best friend!
Here is my week 9 food picture. We're at the size of a grape. It looks like this is the last week that the piece of food is smaller or equal to the quarter. Kind of scary!

No comments:
Post a Comment